Who's ready for the holiday nails? I've got my Christmas trees up, and I'm ready to go. And I'm happy it is finally cold enough for puffy sweaters to cover my puffy quarantine body. Haha.
I apologize for my absence, but as I am actually an attorney, I had hearings to handle which unfortunately took away from my nail art time (rude). Just kidding...my job is serious. But, I've been lacking in time and motivation to sit down and do nails. Luckily, I can always count on Artistic Nail Design to give me a kick in the butt. The latest (always appreciated) nail mail was their Decked Out Dandy Holiday/Winter 2020 collection. Inspired by the Teddy Girl trend, this collection is polished, classic, and bold.
This mani uses REDwardian, which is a beautifully rich red crème, and Hands Off My Teddy, which is a copper multi-shimmer. With these colors and the theme of the collection, I automatically knew I wanted to do a plaid mani, and I can never get enough of those.
- Artistic Colour Gloss - REDwardian
- Artistic Colour Gloss - Hands Off My Teddy
- Artistic Colour Gloss - Swag
- Bundle Monster - Straight Up Black
- Born Pretty Store - Surprise Gift
- Base and top coats
- Stamping plate - Nicole Diary-L04 (lines)
- Stamping plate - QA96 (plaid)
- UV/LED lamp
- Copper stud
- Apply the base colors - pinky in black, ring finger in copper shimmer, and the rest in red. Cure.
- Apply no-wipe gel top coat and cure.
- Use black stamping polish to add a plaid pattern to the index and middle finger.
- Accent the plaid with some stamped copper lines, by stamping individual lines in between the black plaid pattern. Then, apply top coat and cure again.
- Add a copper stud to the base of the thumb.